Local Missions and Partners
We serve our community through local partners and missions.
Find a place to love people through one of our local avenues.
Sahuarita Unified School District: Common Ground serves the Unified School District in various ways.
- Back To School Eegee's Day: We pass out Eegees to the whole district.
- School Teacher Appreciation Banquets: A couple of times a year we serve staff and teachers a meal of appreciation.
- PTO Movie Nights: Common Ground links with Anza PTO to facilitate movie nights and other events to help promote a strong program for children.
- Welcome Back to School Greeters: At the beginning of the school year we assist Anza Trail in welcoming back students and their families as curb greeters.
- Tree of Hope: At Christmas, we work with the Sahaurita Unified School District to identify students and families that need assistance during Christmas and we provide them with Christmas gifts and food.
- Beautification Projects: As needed, Common Ground helps the Sahuarita Unified School District with beautification projects for their various campuses.
The Town of Sahuarita: We link with the Town of Sahaurita in a couple of events yearly.
- Trunk or Treat: On the Saturday before Halloween, we partner with The Town of Sahaurita and Ranch Sahaurita to host a family friendly Trunk or Treat section for the Town’s Spootakular Event. Hundreds Volunteer for this event every year (Sign Up Here). Date: Oct. 28th, 2017.
- Christmas Parade: Common Ground links with the town to provide a float for the annual Christmas parade.
Rancho Sahuarita: Common Ground works throughout the year to partner with Rancho Sahuarita in providing family friendly events for the community. We co-host movie nights, provide volunteers for Community Story Times, and work together on events for youth.
- Tucson Homeless Ministry (22nd Street Park, Tucson): On the last Sunday of every month, volunteers from Common Ground serve the homeless a meal and provide spiritual support to the homeless at 22nd Street Park in Tucson.
- Celebrate Recovery: Common Ground hosts and supports the local Celebrate Recovery Ministry in Sahuarita and Green Valley Area. Meeting are every Thursday at 6 p.m.